Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Camping






















Hi ALL!






Finally after two years, we decided to brave camping again. Lynn wanted to go down by Vernon to scout out deer for his deer hunt at the end of the month. So he loaded up the 4-wheeler and trailer Friday night, after he had already made a trip down to take the camping trailer, stopped at Walmart for food and etc. . . and arrived at our destination at 11 p.m. The next morning, Ian woke up and looked around at the sage brush covered mountains and said, "Where did our house go?" He had fallen asleep on the way down, and he was very confused when he woke up in the trailer, but it was in a different place. It was a relaxing weekend, and Lynn saw some big deer, (but on private land). I finally got Eclipse read, a little disappointed, now I will have to wait almost a whole year for the next book to come out! Ughhhh. We went fishing at the Vernon reservoir, where Sydney caught the most fish, and everything else that was in the lake, (crawdads) and Ian screamed like a girl when the fish touch him. The band aid on his eye is a result of a run in with the babysitters couch. He won't take it off. Sydney also saved his life, after he fell in the mud and they both came back to the trailer bawling their eyes out and covered head to toe with mud. Then Ian started throwing up because he had mud in his mouth and I couldn't get it out fast enough. It was a great weekend!

Lynn is heading down to Miami this week for business, so look out Greg and Darrin. We wish we could all fit in his suitcase. I almost have all my training classes done in SLC and now I am spending more time running my business out of my home, I have some real live clients! I will be showing them some condos this weekend. Whoo hooo!! That will be fun. Real Estate is more difficult than I thought. My perspective of it keeps changing daily. I hate prospecting, but I try to see it as a game: how many people can I get to know and help. It is totally out of my comfort zone to be outgoing and putting my self out there. But I realized this weekend, that I really do like people, (It was a very quiet weekend) weird I know, but I've always considered myself a loner of sorts. So a new perspective has formed and I am going to be more relaxed and open when I am faced with new people and new situations.

I had an opportunity to practice my new perspective when we got home from our camping trip. I was cleaning out the trailer when a car pulled up next to the gargoyle house with two couples. They got out and started looking through the windows. Lynn said, "You should go show them the house, but you are all sweaty and gross." I quickly related a story to him I had heard in training. A real estate agent was in the grocery store, she didn't have any make up on and was totally in her grubbys, when she was on her way out she saw some people standing next to the stand with the real estate books and she heard them say, We need to buy a house today. Well, the agent just walked on by, after all, she wasn't working and she looked horrible. I guess after she had told this story to someone, she was "helped out of real estate." So, with this story in the back of my mind, I went over and introduced myself and asked them if they wanted to see the house. They did, and I apologized that I hadn't showered for 4 days! Ha ha. Anyway, it was good realtor practice. I think I was too embarrassed to ask for another appointment. But I did give them my card.

The kids are back in school and life is returning to some sort of schedule, thank goodness. Sydney loves school, and Karlie loves the social aspect of it. It's more of a fashion show for her. Ian cried this morning when we dropped the kids off at school, he wanted to go too. I can't believe it will only be a few more years and I will be driving him to school. So I am hanging on to every moment I have with him. Not that I don't value the time I have with my girls, Ian is just the last one. I feel very blessed for the beautiful family that I have and try every day to count my blessings, which include all of you! Love ya!! Millie

3 comments:

virginia said...

Yes!!! What a great site to see a blog from you. It looks and sounds like camping was an adventure. We made an overnight trip to Uintah Canyon and I was wishing that you guys were there, too. The bears have decided to keep campers company up there. We had to move from one site to another. Dang wildlife taking over our forests:) I thought of Lynn today flying off to Miami. Happily I will be heading there in Oct. Yahoo! I hope he accomplishes what he needs at work as well as having a good visit with Greg and Darrin. Sydney and Karlie look all grown up for school. Cute girls and a cute little boy. There grandma loves them tons. The gargoyle house must not have sold, huh? It's nice having it there as it gives you some good contacts for work. Bless those little gargoyles!! Happy to hear from you. Love you guys.

Tracie said...

Its good that yall got to go camping, I wish we all could have gone together; hopefully next summer. We went camping Sunday night and got rained on, it was really fun. I am glad that you have some real clients, you will have to let us know when you make your first sale! That will be so exciting. Well I hope to hear from yall soon! Love yall tons!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful kids. Too bad Lynn got so drunk while he was in Florida. He's not worthy! :')
Thanks for the post! Keep them a weekly habit. They're our lifeline!